Right folks! We’ve now come down to the last day of what has been one of the worst years, or the worst year ever, in the history of the global semiconductor industry!
After a very tough first half of 2009, things did start looking up in the second half, and that trend has continued right up to the end of the year. It is a sincere wish that this trend continues well into 2010 and 2011, thereby allowing the industry to scale great heights again.
Presenting a list of leading semiconductor industry related posts that mattered in 2009. Here you go!
* Reviewing global/Indian semicon industry in 2008 — top posts
* Consumer MEMS shine amid gloom: iSuppli
* Global semi to dip by 28pc in 2009; Indian semi to grow at 13.4pc by 2010! Don’t get carried away!!
* What the semiconductor industry should do in 2009!
* Indian semiconductor market to reach $7.59bn by 2010!
* Global semiconductor industry could well see revival in 2010?
* Can the Indian semicon industry dream big? (And even buy Qimonda?)
* Indian silicon wafer fab story seems dead and buried! Should we revive it? — A topic everyone loves to talk about, but do very little!
* ISA Vision Summit 2009 lacks the punch!
* What India now offers to global semicon industry! — Need to look beyond embedded and design services! Top read!!
* ISA Vision Summit 2009: Indian design influence, ideas to volume
* Definite need for rethink on India’s fab strategy!
* Time for Indian semicon to step up! Yes or No?
* Infineon on India’s e-passport and semicon industry
* Indian chip industry dead? You’ve got to be kidding me!
* How semicon firms can achieve high performance by simplifying business!
* How semicon firms can achieve high performance — Part II
* ISA’s BV Naidu on India’s way forward in semiconductors
* Clearly, mixed signals in OEM semiconductor design activities!
* What needs to be done to boost chip designing activities in India?
* Freescale’s Rich Beyer on semicon and industry trends
* Cypress on Indian semicon industry trends; launches PSoC 3 and PSoC 5 architectures
* Chip market outlook: Back to normal abnormality? — Malcolm Penn @ IEF2009, Geneva
* Excerpts from Future Horizons’ International Electronics Forum 2009 @ Geneva
* Excerpts from Future Horizons’ IEF 2009 — II
* Strong semicon industry recovery likely in 2010! — The first signs of recovery for an industry in trouble!
* What does it take for students to be (semiconductor) industry-ready! — A top read article, especially for students!
* Building pillars of India’s tech infrastructure: Dr. Bobby Mitra, TI India
* Top 20 semicon suppliers of 2009! — One of the most read articles of the year!
* Future Horizons signs me as its India affiliate! — I can’t wait to do events, research reports etc. in India!
* 2009 ending with lot of positives for global semiconductor industry
* Semicon update Dec. ‘09: Q4’s off to a great start; is ‘plan B’ in your back pocket?
* Nov. 09 update: -10 percent growth in 2009, +22 percent minimum for 2010, says Future Horizons
My dear friends, it has been an absolute pleasure bringing to you the trials and triumphs of the global and Indian semiconductor industry this year. Hope to carry this forward in 2010 and beyond.
In case I’ve missed out certain posts, do point out those. A list of posts related to EDA and embedded systems are presented elsewhere on this blog. Also, it is not possible for me to select the top 10 articles for the year. If anyone of you can, I’d be very delighted.
My best wishes to you, your families and loved ones for a happy and prosperous 2010. Take care, God bless, and see you all very soon next year!